Friday, August 27, 2010

Critical Thinking - Thoughts

The information that Wikipedia provides on critical thinking is amazing I now believe critical thinking has been a divide in relationships that I have had with creative types and artist. I believe that I have always been a critical thinker and have had a thirst for those who share the same process. In the world of filmmaking critical thinking is a must in deciding why to make a film, how to make that film and how to market that film. But, many artists flow emotionally and can make the critical thinking process a real challenge. With a better understanding of the components of critical thinking, I might be able to create better communication with artist in the future.

Based on my experiences I can understand the value of applying critical thinking to a particular subject and hope to be able to share the importance of application with others as they build on critical thinking methods. Before you can began to apply critical thinking or teach the values of critical thinking you really have to understand all the elements that define critical thinking and its many uses and points of view. The higher education institutions value critical thinkers because students can use their approaches to education and apply it to their own lives. This can make the difference in how our society performs as a whole.

The exploration of critical thinking is the heart or the root to effective learning and teaching. As a film professor I will be sharing this exploration with my students with an objective of helping them reach a level of understanding and respect for critical thinking as a life management skill or tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment